Coconut Oil in All-Natural Cosmetics
Extra virgin Coconut Oil has become one of the most widely used and popular essential oils in the world today. This amazing oil has a wide variety of super incredible uses, which is why it has grown in popularity. Coconut Oil can be used in things such as super tasteful culinary recipes, medical or therapeutic solutions and more. But more importantly, it can be used in all-natural cosmetics. It is used for all-natural cosmetics because of its amazing healing, moisturizing and therapeutic values, that will keep your skin, hair and nails super-healthy.
Coconut Oil is used in a large list of cosmetics, such as: lipsticks, lip-balms, face creams and moisturizers, conditioners, shampoos and a large list of makeup related items. This incredible Oil contains vitamin K and vitamin E. It works as an antioxidant that shields cells and has a large list of benefits on the skin, hair and nails. Coconut Oil also works as a strong moisturizer that keeps the skin healthy and moisturized, without leaving the skin greasy or sticky. This Oil can be used on all types of skin, such as: sensitive, dry or greasy skin.
Why use all-natural cosmetics
It is no secret that chemical-filled cosmetics are not healthy or good for you in any way. Although the majority of the products you buy might say that they will "improve your skin" or "make your hair grow long and healthy" or even "make you look 10 years younger", we all know this is not true in the slightest. Not only are these things not true, they are exactly the opposite. These chemical-filled cosmetics have been revealed to cause a large list of health problems such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, acne, premature aging and other skin problems. Also hair related beauty products have been shown to cause more problems instead of actually improving hair growth or health. They have been shown to cause dryness and even conditions such as dandruff and hair loss in some extreme cases.
Anyway, after talking about all those scary chemical-filled cosmetics, let’s get back to the good news. Coconut Oil and other essential oils can be used to make all-natural organic cosmetics that are packed with vitamins, healthy fatty acids and many other therapeutic aspects. By making your own all-natural cosmetics you will be keeping your skin, hair and nails healthy while also looking fresh and beautiful. Coconut Oil can be used in a large variety of ways when it comes to all-natural cosmetics because it has so many benefits on hair and skin. Hopefully after reading through this blog, you will be thinking of switching over to all-natural cosmetics, just like we were.
10 ways to use Coconut Oil in all-natural cosmetics.
- Body and face moisturizer - This super popular oil is most widely used as a moisturizer (cosmetically) for very good reasons; it absorbs quickly, smells sweet and fresh and makes your skin overall soft and radiant. It is a great choice for people with sensitive or dry skin that are looking for an effective moisturizer. It can be used both in the day and at night, to have super soft skin, without experiencing any greasiness or stickiness.
- Natural makeup remover - Coconut Oil is also great for removing makeup. Even the strongest waterproof mascara can't stay with the use of a little Coconut Oil. You can apply some Oil directly to the needed areas and let it sit with a cotton swab for 1 or 2 minutes. You will see how the Coconut Oil will help the makeup slowly melt off and leave nothing behind.
- Lip Balm - Because Coconut Oil has strong moisturizing properties, it is the best remedy for chapped or dry lips. You can use this sweet-smelling oil thorough the day, to keep your lips smooth and moisturized. Coconut Oil is not toxic and is completely natural, which makes it all the better to use as an alternative to chemical-filled lip balms.
- Body and lip scrub - Coconut Oil can be used as an all-natural scrub if mixed with salt or sugar. This method will make this oil a super-effective exfoliate and will keep your skin super healthy. It can be used both on the skin and lips depending on your needs. It is much recommended because it will remove all the dirt and dead skin cells that are on the surface of your skin and it will leave your skin healthy and smooth.
- Nail cuticle oil - Coconut Oil works great on cracked or dry cuticles. You can fix peeling skin by applying a small amount of oil at the base of the nail. This amazing oil can also help your freshly-made manicure last longr and not crack or peel.
- Multi-sex shaving cream – This sweet smelling oil can be used by both men and women as a super effective shaving cream. It will help to avoid dryness and razor rash. It can be used both on the face and body and will leave your skin smooth and fresh after shaving. It is great alternative to store-bought shaving cream for both the price value and overall results.
- Frizz reducer - Are you tired of having flyaways or frizzy hair? Coconut Oil is a great solution! Rub a small amount of oil in your hands and then mix into hair from the tip of your roots to the ends to have a flawless frizz-free look.
- Deep Coconut Oil conditioner - This amazing oil can be used as a hair soothing conditioner alternative. You can use this moisturizing oil by heating it until it becomes liquid and messaging it into your hair. Leave in for about 5 minutes to get full moisturizing effect.
- All-natural leave in conditioner - While your hair is still wet you can use Coconut Oil as a leave in conditioner that will hydrate your hair while also leaving a sweet, fresh smell. Massage in to wet hair and leave in as much as desired. Coconut Oil absorbs into the skin and hair fast, without leaving an oily or sticky sensation, which means that you can sleep with this leave in conditioner or go about your daily lives without worrying about any oily mess.
- Hair shield - wait, a what? A hair shield! Coconut Oil can work as a shield or protectant from sun, chlorine or salt water. Use this super helpful oil before getting your hair wet, and stop experiencing dry or tangled ends.
The Amazing Coconut Oil
As you can see from the list of uses to the health values, this is must-have oil that can be used in all types of situations. There is always an amazing way to use this sweet, all-natural oil and it will always surprise you to see just how effective it really is. Take a look at the all-natural extra virgin Coconut Oil we offer here at Interbio and read about more incredible ways of using this oil around your home and even in your kitchen.