Coconut Oil Benefits & Uses
Coconut Oil is extracted from the meat of coconuts. In recent years it has gained in popularity due to its fantastic health benefits. In many places around the world, the Coconut is still considered to be an ‘exotic’ food and beauty product. However, in countries such as Thailand, the meat of coconuts and its oil are consumed daily and unsurprisingly, Thailand proves to have an extremely low level of diseases on average.
Coconut Oil Benefits
Coconut Oil for Health
- In our Western World, obesity is one of the biggest and most challenging problems. Coconut Oil could help as it reduces hunger. Additionally, the easily digestible MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) in Coconut Oil increases your energy levels. Studies done by Sri Lankan Universities have shown that the fats in Coconut Oil have a positive effect on your metabolism. MCT is not stored in your body as fat but instantly converted into energy. The increased metabolic function also helps to increase your cell-regeneration and burns fat. Furthermore, Coconut Oil can protect from cardiovascular diseases and, because of its antioxidant function, it can have a positive effect on your cholesterol levels. The lauric acid in Coconut Oil is an immune supporting nutrient which helps to prevent diseases. Not only this but Coconut Oil also kills bacteria, fungi and viruses. By doing so it prevents infections.
- If you struggle with thyroid problems, Coconut Oil can help to regulate its activity and keep your mood balanced.
- Potentially, Coconut Oil helps your short-term memory as well as your mental clarity.
Coconut Oil Uses
Coconuts Oil for Beauty
- Coconut Oil also protects against skin damage. It moisturizes your skin and can even work as a sunscreen. It contains a high level of antioxidant Vitamin E which protects and above all nourishes your skin. Coconut Oil is a perfect agent for healthy-looking skin!
- It is also a great choice for a natural diaper cream as it soothes inflammations.
- If you struggle with frizzy or dry hair, coconut oil softens it and gives it a beautiful, healthy shine.
- The smell of Coconut Oil relaxes. Combined with a Coconut Oil massage and calming music it helps to reduce your stress levels.
Cooking With Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil withstands high temperatures and is therefore great for your cooking ventures. You can replace butter with Coconut Oil when baking, put it on your toast in the morning or even use it in mashed potatoes.
Coconut Oil is full of benefits and goodness! Add it to your lifestyle.